- A Minute to Learn It – Before You Borrow
- What is a loan?
- What is a lender?
- What is the loan servicer?
- What kinds of student loans are there?
- What is interest?
- Are there any fees I have to pay if I borrow a Federal Direct Loan?
- What is the difference between interest and principal?
- How do I apply for federal loans?
- Do I need to accept my student loan on my award letter?
- If I accept my Federal Direct loan award, how will this affect other forms of student aid?
- What happens to my Federal Direct loan if I do not attend school at least half time?
- If I have already completed a Direct Loan MPN for another school, do I need to complete another one?
- What is the 150% Loan Limit Rule regarding federal direct subsidized loans?
- What types of Federal Direct Student Loans are available?
- What is a Federal Direct Subsidized loan?
- What is the difference between a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan?
- What is the interest rate on a Federal Direct student Loan?
- What are my Federal Direct Student Loan limits?
- Is a credit check required to receive a Federal Direct student loan?
- What is a PLUS Loan?
- What is a Perkins Loan?
- What is a private loan?
- What is the difference between a private loan and a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan?
- What is the difference between a private loan and a PLUS loan?
- When should I consider a private loan?
- What are some things I should look for in a private loan?
- What does APR stand for?
- What is a grace period?
- When will repayment begin on a private loan?
- What is my interest rate on a private loan?
- Are there any fees for taking out a private loan?
- Are private loans guaranteed by the government?
- Where can I find information about private loans?
- What does interest capitalization mean and how often does it occur?
- Do you have any suggestions for what I should be doing now to prepare myself to repay my loans?